ABOUT THE SHOWgrounds
The grounds were originally built as a cricket ground and opened in 1906. Ironically no game of cricket ever occurred here. The “Humpybong Show” first ran in 1923 by The Redcliffe Council and included cooking contests, the “Cutest Baby” competitions, egg and spoon races, 100 yard sprints and three legged races; it was more of a picnic than a show. In 1939 it stopped for World War 2. In 1949 Alderman C.A Webb formed a new committee and in 1950 the first Redcliffe Show debuted.